|Zone Editor Application|
In order to apply for a Zone Editor, a copy editor god on Medievia,
fill out the application below. Please make sure you meet the following
requirements before applying:
- You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must have a multiclass character.
- Your characters' history files must be relatively free of problems.
Players who have been purged or frozen for cheating will not be considered.
- You have read Help GOD_FAQ and help APPLICATION
- Your application must be free of grammar and spelling errors.
Please send your application in the body of your email, not as an attached
file in txt, doc, or any other format.
Applications for Zone Editor should be sent to
You will receive a short note acknowledging
that we have received your application. Kostia will then review the
applications and contact those applicants she feels may be qualified for a
Zone Editor position. Everyone will receive an answer about the status of
their application after it has been reviewed, and qualified candidates
will be asked to take a proofreading and editing test. Passing this test
is a requirement to become a Zone Editor.
Answer the following questions in your email to
If you have proofreading and editing experience outside Medievia (such as
a job on a college newspaper, or an internship with a publisher, or more
advanced work experience as a proofreader or copy editor), or within
Medievia (such as proofreading and/or writing rooms and mobs for your
clantown), be sure to mention that. Don't worry about being long-winded;
this is a position absolutely dependent on writing and reading skills,
and the more you tell me about yourself, the more you convince me that you
are the person for this job, the better.
- Are you at least 18 years old or older? It's not necessary to tell us
how old you are if you're over 18, but you must be at least 18 to
apply for a god position.
- What are your characters' names on Medievia, and what levels are
they? This position requires a familiarity with the game that comes
with experience. You must have a multiclass character to apply.
- Have any of your Medievia characters ever been purged? If so, what was
the character's name and why was it purged?
- What languages do you know fluently, and which one is your native
language (the one you speak and understand the best)? This position
requires outstanding English skills in grammar, spelling,
punctuation, and structure, but having English as a second language
does not disqualify you. What country do you live in?
- What experience do you have (in the real world and on Medievia) as a
writer, proofreader, and copy editor? Do you have professional
experience in this field? And have you worked on clantown building?
- How many hours a week do you have available to work on your god
should you be hired? Zone Editor is a time-consuming position that
requires at *least* 10 hours a week during 'busy season'. The more
time you can devote to the zones assigned to you, the better.
- Are you a clanleader? This may or may not affect your ability to
become a god, depending on the time required of the job you apply
for and the judgement of those hiring you.
- Do you feel when helping players you can conduct yourself in a
professional manner and ignore any personal grudges or biases you
may have? Please answer more than just yes or no.
- What suggestions would you make about the general writing in
Medievia's zones to improve them? Are there any zones that you feel
need another round of editing and proofreading? Are there any zones
in the game that you feel are underused because of the general
quality of the writing? Are there any repeated or common mistakes you
notice in Medievia's zones? Don't just paste in rooms with typos;
point out things you've noticed and wished you could change.
- Please describe your educational background. What subjects interest
you the most? What is/was your major in college or graduate school?
Please include any independent or personal study you've undertaken in
subjects that interest you.
- Write a brief (1-2 paragraph) statement explaining why you wish to
become a god on Medievia, and why you wish to become a Zone Editor
specifically. If you were especially forthcoming in your answers to
the previous questions, this answer might not be necessary, but this
is the place to say anything you want us to consider that wasn't
We reserve the right to deny applications for any reason.
Copyright © 1992-2018 Medievia.com, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
For more information contact: Webmistress: Soleil