June 28, 2004
List of Medievia Resources to Learn the Game by Lindy
There are many resources in, and out of Medievia on the World Wide Web where you can find out information on many aspects of the game. This article lists some of the resources there are that can help you learn the many aspects of Medievia! Indeed, the huge amount of Medievia-related resources web pages out there are a testimony to the game's popularity.
This listing is not exhaustive.
In the World of Medievia,
- Coyote's School (type tutorial to access)
- Lumond's Haven for New Adventurers
- Type Haven to access. Take the time to explore each and every room of the zone! The friendly creatures that reside in Haven will explain to you many of the game concepts. Check out the Haven library for some articles that further explains in greater detail other aspects of the game.
- Refuge of the Forgotten (read HELP REFUGE)
- This is essentially a tutorial zone that attempts to prepare you for some of the things you will encounter in a real zone of Medievia. The zone is essentially quest-oriented, and there are a series of objectives that you have to meet, before obtaining the best leveling equipment in the game, the Gem of Power and Knowledge together with tons of other goodies! The XP in this zone is decently good too!
- Avatar Board 1 (Type gohall in Haven)
- Avatar Board 2 (South, east, south, up of Medievia Recall)
- These bulletin boards contain many information and tips posted by avatars. You can find information including a listing avatar evaluations of several zones designed for new players, potion listings, useful commands to know and much much more!
- Medlink Gohall (type link, gohall to access)
- As a member of the New Adventurers Guild, type link and gohall to access a safe area in Medlink where you can seek refuge from the dangers that lurk in corners of Medievia. Take time to explore the surrounding rooms of the gohall as they explain some aspects of the game.
On the World Wide Web,
- The Medievia Home Page (http://www.medievia.com/)
- The official home page of Medievia has many resources to help new players. It would be wise to explore the website, but particularly the pages listed under HELP. I shall point out certain pages that I feel are particularly useful, in order it that it appears on the Medievia website.
- Area Maps
- This section of the website contains a very detailed map of Medievia where you can find out the location of nearly all stationary zones, clan town locations, trade post locations, as well as commodities that are sold in each of the trade posts! It is also a handy reference to find the location of a certain co-ordinate (as may be required in some AQs to find a wilderness room). Clicking on most zones also open the relevant Zone Page for that zone!
- Help and Hints
- Here, you find the official Help and Hints files that details each class's role, tips on how to make the best of certain specialized areas (such as the catacombs), as well as a message and help from God Vryce and Goddess Syltheana for new players to Medievia!
- Medievia Mudslinger (http://www.medievia.com/mudslinger/)
- Medievia's paper contains many articles that delves into almost all aspects of the game! Besides the factual articles that describes everything from leading a formation to defensive PKing, there are many fiction stories and even cartoons that adds another dimension to the World of Medievia! A highly recommended resource website.
- The Gersidi Libaries (http://www.clangersidi.com)
- The Gersidi Libaries is contains probably the largest collection of Medievia-related resources. This resource site contains a in-depth newbie tutorial on connecting to Medievia and getting started for the first time, but in addition to this, it also contains many remarkable features such as a searchable Equipment Database, Help and Hints on many areas including a Spell Translation Guide (e.g. "Vas Sanct Grav" means Great Protection Energy/Field), a trading calculator, scripts for the various MUD clients, and much much more. The Gersidi Libraries also links to several other Resource Websites.
- Thag's MedWeb Mainpage (http://www.ungenius.com/shops/index.html)
- Ever wondering where you can sell that ring or the nifty armor you have just looted from the corpse of the City Guards? This site has a rather detailed compilation of all the shops in the World Medievia, where you can the different items as well as the percentage of an item's value that the shopkeeper buys or sells at!
See (http://www.medievia.com/mudslinger/items.html) for the accompanying Mudslinger article.
- Clan Towns Pages (many are linked to from the Medievia website)
- Many of the clans and towns of Medievia maintain their own web pages. Often, you can find useful information on these sites too including maps and walkthroughs of zones, hints for the various classes, etc.
Okay, above is a list of some of the places where a great many of Medievia-related resources can be found. They are great for learning the game :) I hope you have as much fun exploring these sites and resources as much as I did compiling and writing this article.
You may also find other Medievia-related resources by searching on your favorite search engine! You will sometimes be surprised by how many other sites there are out there that contains so much more useful information!
Have fun and enjoy Medievia,
FRONT PAGE | MEDIEVIA HOME PAGE
Copyright (c) 1992-2018 Medievia.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Mudslinger is a trademark (tm) of Medievia.com, Inc.
No portion of the MudSlinger may be reproduced without the express written consent of Medievia.com, Inc.