December 12, 1999
- By Ratimmiptwax
You know that a zone is too hard for you when. . .
- you accidentally flee through a hidden wall and find yourself stuck in
an antimagic, fire room.
- you find yourself fighting level 1 mobs that seem that have infinite
hp and permafireshield.
- you lose link for 15 seconds and you reconnect to find yourself dead.
- after wandering around a bunch of "harmless, nonaggressive mobs", a
cute robin decides to make you into sushi.
- you've been fighting the same mob for 30 mins and none of you have
done any damage to each other. (You know, that Idatron is one tough mob).
- you walk into the first room of CPK, get tripped down and you never
get up again.
- you flee from an undead corpse and die before you realize you fled.
- the instant you lead a form into a zone, you get spammed with a
screenful that ends with: [CLAN] (clannie) is DEAD!!!! (x9).
- you cast shield room and either get killed or get looted/blinded/slept/
ported to med
You know you're addicted to Medievia when. . .
- you have a huge deadline tomorrow, and you just shrug and say, "Oh well,
I have to get off the hell level."
- you call someone on the phone, only to say "I'll tell you on Med."
- you suffer a nervous breakdown when Medievia has a big crash and is down
for more than a day.
- you find that events which take place in Medievia are more important
than those in your real life.
- you rearrange plans in your real life so that you will have more time to
- you become irritable when denied your daily 6 hours of med.
- you hook yourself up to an IV drip, just so you can play Med straight
for a month
You know you've died a horrible death when. . .
- you backstab someone's fireshield and end up mortaling yourself.
- you're running from a mob next to the bloodstone portal, you type "c
shield room" right when you wimpy into the portal.
- you laugh at someone who got a head turn when they attempted to backstab
you, and they kill you with a critical hit.
- reciting a book of exalted deeds on someone, you accidentally hit return
after typing "recite book" and end up killing yourself with your mighty level
65 spell of harm.
- you get CPKed in Dark Woods, and you get spammed offline when you type
- you get smited and ressed repeatedly from making a god really angry.
- you get struck by lightning while fighting a janitor and die.
- running a trade run from Lyr to Trellor, you get hit by asteroids and
dogs rip up your freight one room from the Trade Post.
You know you shouldn't be a clan leader when. . .
- you're the leader of a two person clan you and your storage character.
- you think that the entire world of Med owes you something for being the
first person to join all the clans in Med, even the Testing Clans.
- you have this urge to play removeclan roulette.
You know you're the oldest newbie ever, when . . .
- you remember when Med looked like the globe in Kat's Office (Top floor
of GodHalls), but still haven't figured out how to call a dragon.
- you refuse to multi till you land that double backstab against a mob. .
. as a cleric.
- you're mudmarried to half the newbies in Medievia.
- you count exp till next level in terms of Janitors.
- you've found all the secret rooms in Medlink, yet still don't have
enough time to multi.
You know that it's been too long since you cleaned out your inventory when. .
- you're afraid of looking at your inventory in fear of getting dropped
- you carry around one of those old stone fountains that weigh 200 stones,
because you think that, one day, you will need all the drinks it holds.
- you think you have a DC lost in your inventory somewhere between the 12
th and 15th page.
- the number of stones you're carrying has rolled over.
- you're a cleric and you have 40 throwing axes in your inventory.
- you have this mad urge to collect one of each item in med.
- the last time someone tried to loot you in CPK, they spent your entire
death time reading your inventory.
- when you find a Dragon Crystal, you start screaming at your clannies to
get over and get it for you.
You know you've been playing Med too much when. . .
- you refuse to hang out with more than 8 friends at once because it
violates formation rules.
- the number of hours you have played has rolled over.
- you have the urge to kill every Janitor you see in real life.
- one of your pets dies, you pull out your trusty heartstone.
- you actually go ACK TTTTHHHHHPPPPPPTTTTTTT in real life
- you name one of your pets as Cuddles, Scruff, or Rocky.
You know that Medievia is becoming reality when . . .
- you get canned at school and say "wince"
- you get into a fight in real life, you scream "cast shockwave" and wait
for them to burst into pieces.
- you have this sudden urge to lick all your friends.
- you start daydreaming and then actually perform your antivoid script.
- you fall asleep while waiting for your girl/boyfriend, and say "Sorry
I lost link for a sec."
- you run into a locked door that has always been open and you mutter "
- you say "wave" to someone when they wave at you.
- you begin to thinking what you'll do tomorrow on Med... 5 minutes after
you get off.
And Finally, Newbies are better than heros because . . .
- no one takes us seriously, so we can stab them in the back.
- we don't have to spend all those long and boring hours exping.
- we have the advantage in the little quest called, "HeroHunt."
- we can cherrypick all we want and no one complains, because we're
- we get to shout "NEWBIE PRIDE!"