December 29, 2004
The Dummies' Guide: How-To-Lead a Clan Successfully by Ontarious
Over the years I have the extreme pleasure of leading some of the most amazing and storied clans in Medievia's decade long history. There have been good times and bad, high points as well as low. The title of ClanLeader is more of a job than a title. You are responsible for your clan, as well as the others within your clantown.
The amount of responsibility and people that you are leading can be overwhelming to say the least, however, that doesn't mean it can't be fun and enjoyable. These tips can be used for either a powerhouse clan that does nothing but enjoy the aspects of Chaotic Player Killing and Equipment running, or a non-hero based clan who spends their time enjoying all of the other aspects of Medievia, such as Combing, Experiencing, Trading or even Autoquesting.
- Family. Your clan/town here on Medievia, are essentially your family. Treat them as your family. Give them the respect they deserve and you would demand from a family member. Without them, you are nothing. The old addage is you are only as good as the people you surround yourself with.
- Unity. Togetherness. I can't stress this enough. You must be together, a united force of opposition. Fifty people standing together for one purpose are as strong as one thousand standing alone. You could line up one thousand people, and not one of them could lift a tree by themselves, however if you take those thousand people and do it together, as one, you can throw the tree into the lake.
- Purpose. You need a purpose to exist. A goal of sorts. Whether that goal is to trade for one billion coins in a month, or try to take the number 1 egg rank from the current leader. It doesn't matter what it is. Take the energy and desire your clan has and focus it on something. Channeling the focus and energy of a clan is a dangerous weapon.
- Respect. You need to respect those who are standing along side of you. Show them the respect they deserve. They will walk through anything with you, if they have your respect.
- Trust. In my eyes this goes along with respect, but I want to make sure it is known, due to its importance. You need to be able to trust your clannies and townies. You need to know that they will be willing to stay there and hang with you until the end. A trait such as this is priceless.
- Boosting Morale. Every clan has their downtime. That is when the title of ClanLeader becomes more of a job. It is your responsibility to relight that fire for your clannies, and get them refocused on something. Run Clan/Town contests. The first person to gather 1000 eggs from the Catacombs or trade for 10,000,000 in coins gets a prize. It can be something like a Dragon Crystal or maybe you have a clanitem that you can submit as the prize. You can even make a pool type contest where each entrant donates say 1million
coins or 200 eggs, something of value, and the winner gets say 90% and 2nd place gets 10%.
All of the preceding sections of this article are true and have been tested over the last eight years. You can apply them towards any and all of the sections of gameplay in Medievia, and can be quite successful at them. I hope they help you as they have helped me.
FRONT PAGE | MEDIEVIA HOME PAGE
Copyright (c) 1992-2018 Medievia.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Mudslinger is a trademark (tm) of Medievia.com, Inc.
No portion of the MudSlinger may be reproduced without the express written consent of Medievia.com, Inc.