If you have a visual impairment and use a screen reader to play Medievia,
you may find the following commands helpful:
- "MAP-Z", "MAP-W", and "MAP-S" toggle the visual map for zones, the
wilderness, and ships, respectively.
- BRIEF toggles whether or not you see room descriptions.
- "BRIEF COMBAT" "BRIEF SPELLS" "BRIEF ROOM" and "BRIEF MOVE" hide
various spammy messages. See the respective help files for details.
- SETCOMM allows you to turn communication channels on and off.
- FLAGS and PROMPT allow you to configure your prompt.
- COLOR allows you to turn off ANSI color.
- FORECAST provides a text-based report on the weather.
The Medievia staff are generally not familiar with screen readers
and are unable to offer support. Please feel free to suggest improvements
to this help file by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Also: BRIEF "BRIEF COMBAT" "BRIEF MOVE" "BRIEF ROOM" "BRIEF SPELLS"
FORECAST MAP PROMPTS SETCOMM