This help file ranks and defines Medievia job titles. Level 148 gods are
listed individually and are the highest ranking positions. Other job titles
are listed as general below. If you would like to see a list of all gods
and their titles, type WIZLIST
*Vryce: Owner, CEO, Head Programmer, Father of Medievia
- In essence, Medievia is Vryce. He oversees all work that is done here
and has final say on all issues relating to the game. His titles
reflect that he is in charge of the game and all his staff. Medievia
is his creation and he concocted many of the innovative ideas the staff
*Soleil: Director of Media and Marketing, Web Site Manager,
Head MUDSlinger Editor
- Soleil is the webmistress for www.medievia.com and also the main editor
for the Medievia MUDSlinger newspaper which can be purchased from
scribes in major cities. She also handles real life aspects of the game
such as donation items, advertising, and media coverage.
General Medievia Job Title Definitions and Abbreviations:
Titles are grouped with like jobs. The highest ranking position listed at
the top and the remaining ranks in descending order. Groups are listed
randomly and do not affect rank. In the case of groups that have a highest
ranking position held by a 148 level god, the position is listed simply with
the god's name next to it. To apply for any position you need to follow the
directions in help APPLICATION Many departments have applications
specific to those jobs. Most departments only accept applications during
announced periods. In addition to department managers various
departments may have assistant managers or mentor roles as required.
*Head Programmer (Vryce)
*Programmer (also called a coder)
- Coders can have a variety of job specialties, but all of them involve
code that improves Medievia. Most programmers do miscellaneous fixes or
additions, and a few specialize in areas such as special procedures for
zones. Coders are hired by the Senior Management, and must be approved
by Ozymandias. Most coders start in other positions in order to become
well-known to the staff due to the high security and performance
requirements of this job.
*Manager of God Training
- Oversees god training for all staff with rules and procedures. Assists
department managers with developing specific training for their staff.
*Mailing List Administrator
- Creates and updates mailing lists, including lists used for gods,
politics, and mednews.
*World/Object/Mobile Manager WOM
- Work on analyzing, balancing, implementing and managing the various
elements of gameplay. Primary focus is on testing zones and overseeing
new and existing mobs and objects as well as opening finished zones.
- One of the main responsibilities of the Managing Editor is the function
of Head Zone Editor (HZE). This manager is in charge of all Zone
Editors. This involves making sure there are enough Zone Editors hired
to handle the amount of editing work needed, and ensuring the existing
Zone Editors remain productive, accurate, and efficient. The HZE also
edits zones and other files as well as performing general proofreading
and editing projects.
*Senior Zone Editor (SZE)
- A SZE is someone who has been a Zone Editor long enough and well enough
to earn additional responsibility. SZEs assist the HZE in training
and mentoring new Zone Editors and in performing final spotchecks on
*Grand Master World Builder (GMWB)
- This title is awarded for exemplary zone building. A GMWB must have
already achieved the MWB title and shown extreme innovation, creativity,
and quality in their zone work. This is an extremely difficult title to
*Master World Builder (MWB)
- MWB is a difficult title to get because it requires having completed 3
or more zones from the ground up. These are our celebrated builders who
repeatedly release excellent zones.
*Zone Editor ZE
- Zone Editors edit rooms for grammatical and building rule errors. This
position requires an encyclopedic knowledge of building techniques
(gained through on-the-job training) and experience as an editor or
proofreader. Additionally they can be trained to handle objects,
mobiles, zonefiles, and clantowns.
*World Builder (WB)
- WBs create the zones that players use, and are literally the building
blocks of Medievia. Some World Builders also create HOLOSECTION
zones and revamp older zones.
*Autoquest Manager (AM)
- The AM hires AQW and manages their progress. AMs are charged with
making sure high productivity levels are maintained and entering
new Autoquests into the game.
*Grand Master Autoquest Writer (GMAQW)
- GMAQW have written at least 100 Autoquests and are thus honored with
*Master Autoquest Writer (MAQW)
- MAQW have written at least 50 Autoquests and are thus honored with
*Autoquest Writer AQW
- AQW write Autoquests and pass them along to the AM to be entered into
*Autoquest Contributor (AQC)
- AQCs write and submit Autoquests at a less frequent pace than AWAs
*Quest Manager (QM)
- The QM manages the MQA (Medievia Quest Archive). He or she hires,
trains, and oversees Quest Development Assistants, Quest Designers,
and Quest Assistants. The QM oversees the development of miscellaneous
quest-related areas of the game such as quest zones. The QM also
schedules and runs quest auctions.
*Master Quest Designer (MQD)
- MQDs are Quest Designers who have made a significant contribution to
the quest system and have consistently created outstanding quests and
*Quest Designer (QD)
- QDs write new quest scripts using ideas approved by the QM. They run
quests they have written and approved quests from the MQA. Quest
Designers have excellent scripting ability and a proven knowledge
of the quest system.
*Quest Assistant (QA)
- QAs run herobattles and approved quest scripts from the MQA, in addition
to other jobs they may have on Medievia.
*Web Site Manager (WSM) - Soleil
*Web Site Writing Assistant (WSWA)
- WPWA write articles and features for the Medievia website.
*Web Site Proofreader (WSP)
- WSPs proofread the website for grammatical and factual errors, and
report them to the WSM for corrections.
*Head MUDSlinger Editor (HME) - Soleil
*Manager of Medievia's Publication Team (MMPT)
- The MMPT is charged with accepting submissions to the MUDSlinger and
determining if they are viable to print. MSEs are also responsible for
editing necessary articles before they are released. The MMPT manages
MUDSlinger reporters and other gods who work on Medievia publications.
*MUDSlinger Reporter (MR)
- MRs are gods who regularly write articles for the MUDSlinger. Gods must
write at least 3 articles with the intention of writing more before
receiving this title.
*Manager of Avatars & New Players (MANP)
- The MANP is in charge of avatars and newbies, and all of the projects,
guidelines, and rules in relation to these two subjects.
*Newbie Clan Leader NCL
- The NCL is the representative for the New Adventurer's Guild and guides
newbies as they begin the game.
*New Player Helper NPH
- NPH are gods who have been trained to assist newbies, and are
considered excellent representatives of Medievia.
*Holiday Quest Manager (HQM)
- Creates and manages builders of the holiday quests, as well as running
and awarding prizes for holiday quests.
*Reimbursement God (RG)
- RGs are able to check equipment run logs and make reimbursements for
items lost during crashes on major hero zones. See Help REIMBURSEMENT
*Socials Editor (SE)
- The SE makes additions to and upkeeps the Medievia socials.
See Also: APPLICATION BUILDER