ClanLink is an area of MedLink where all clans have their own lobby and
private clan room. The "lobby" is open to the public and is to be used to
advertise a clan. The private room is accessible only by clan members and
players formed with a clan member.
Any player can enter a clan's lobby and read about that clan. This is
useful to decide what clan to join, or even what clan not to join. Clans
can put a variety of information intended to entice or deter new members
If your clan needs a clanlink room, this is the information you will need
to e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Lobby room description
- Private room description
- Direction the private room is from the lobby (default will be n or s)
- A look at description for the LOBBY room
- A look at description for the PRIVATE room
- Custom room name for the LOBBY room
- Custom room name for the PRIVATE room
- Entrance/exit texts for any of the exits (up to 8 messages)
These details are explained below. Please read the required criteria for
**Texts should follow clantown building rules for the most part, although
not quite as strict. If you use "you" in the description make sure not
to tell players what they feel (emotions, intense pain), what they
think (opinions or logic), what they say, or what they do. If you
aren't sure, ask.
- 5-15 lines long
- Must have at least 1 line describing the room.
- Must have at least 1 line describing the clan.
- Allowed to put the original founding member's name in the description.
- 5-15 lines long
- Allowed to put up to 8 member names in the description provided they
are in 2 or less lines.
- Should have some mention of what the room looks like.
Look At Descriptions (same criteria for lobby & private):
- Allowed up to 8 member names per description.
- Must have a logical keyword.
- Can have up to 3 keywords for the same description but only 1 should
appear in the lobby's last line. Look at desc keywords other than 1
lobby one are optional to appear in the room descriptions
- Descriptions can be about additional information about the clan as
long as it is written on a plaque, sign, trophy, or other tangible
object mentioned in the room's description.
- The clanlink rooms are permitted up to 5 lookat descriptions each.
Direction for Private Room:
- This can be up, down, west, east, north, or south. If north or south
keep in mind which direction the clanlink room is from the road.
- The Lobby description should mention the clan's name or number
- Private room names can be entirely customized
- If no name is chosen we will use a default name
There are EIGHT possible texts for each clanlink space. An entrance/exit
text should be a single line that includes a player's name. The
following are examples of all 8 possible texts. Specify what each one
you choose is. You do not have to use all of them (or any) if you don't
1.) What a player1 standing on the road sees when player2 leaves for the
2.) What player1 standing inside the lobby sees when player2 arrives from
3.) What player1 standing on the road sees when player2 arrives from the
4.) What player1 standing inside the lobby sees when player2 leaves the
lobby for the road.
5.) What player1 standing inside the lobby sees when player2 leaves for
the private room.
6.) What player1 standing inside the private room sees when player2
arrives from the lobby.
7.) What player1 standing inside the private room sees when player2
leaves for the lobby.
8.) What player1 standing in the lobby sees when player2 arrives from the
*Entrance/exit texts are confusing even to experienced builders, so if you
do not understand them, get a clannie to help or leave this part blank.
As of August 2004 (and not retroactively), several charges for clanlink
rooms have been removed. Lookat descriptions no longer cost the clan a
fee, and the limit of how many lookats you can have has been decreased.
There is no longer a charge to change the clanlink description. Please
note that excessive changes could still result in a charge to your clan.
Gods' time, however, is valuable and should not be wasted. Do not abuse
your right to customize your clanlink room, or the rules will be changed
again to prevent this abuse.
See Also: CLANS